Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hello Tuesday

Sorry, missed yesterday due to lack of babysitter. Don't come into internet when I don't have someone to corral small children! :) Sunday was a great day though! The number one childrens program in the area- 4-H! Had thier horse show and I helped at it.

We had about 50 kids showing off their hard summer's worth of work. From Showmanship to Reining it was all there! These kids impress me by how much they grow throughout the year. Whether it is in height, confidence, or ability- They are amazing.

We added a couple new classes last year, so I was on board to help with the cattle. We had a Ranch horse class- down the fence, pen them, and then rope! It was great! Kids were ages 10 to 17 and showed some real promise.

We also offered steer stopping and a working cow horse for the more feint of heart! What an awesome day. Makes me want to work with my horses so my daughter has a chance in about seven years :)

No comments:

Post a Comment