Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The things I do

I don't really like to talk about myself. If you notice most of the time, I talk about my husband or someone else. But I have a job that is interesting for the most part. I get to deal with everything from livestock to animals... OOPS I mean 4-H parents.

Lately, I have been dealing alot with federal agencies- specifically the Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management. The people that run these agencies on any level are intelligent beings. Sometimes though, they outsmart their common sense.

Unfortunately, for people to move up through the food chain they have to transfer. In doing so, their is alot of knowledge lost. There is also some out of the box thinking. For example, the range con who collect the information on the last reissuances of forest permits is not usually, the program lead for the next reissuance 10 years later. So, it is almost like starting with a blank slate with only the data to back you up.

I don't know if this is good or bad. It is difficult to deal with a whole new senior staff Ican tell you that. They do not understand why we do it this way. Not necessarily, we have always done it this way but perhaps we have tried it other ways and this works the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment