Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Another day, another agency, another meeting

Once in awhile I meet these outstanding people who actually want to do good.  Today, I was blessed by being in a meeting with two of these people and DRUMROLL PLEASE- they were from Fish and Wildlife!  Outstanding biologists who understand that we (agencies and agriculture) to continue to do good things.

Some of the snippets of the conversation included-
"I have to get my manager to understand we can't mess with this guy's livlihood. "
"We aren't in the business of raising cows but if we can move towards our own habitat goals while incorporating cows, I am game!"
"There are two ways we are going to get this refuge's habitat changed cows and fire.  We see what happened after fire had its go. AND we know what it was before when we grazed cows.  I think it is time to go back to the cows.  It was better habitat."

It was such a breath of fresh air.  To actually have people want to work with you in achieving a common goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment