Thursday, January 5, 2012

The life of a weekend cowboy-girl

This has been a rough week.  I have spent more time riding my computer chair and in my pickup than I have on a horse.  Not a good start, especially when the weather has been ABSOLUTELY gorgeous.  Not just for January either.  It would be considered gorgeous for most months- high 40s to mid 50s and little wind.  It is a little  hard to believe the little wind part but it has been happening.

Plus, I have had this awful cold that has been kicking my @$$!  Not to mentioned the poor kids have gotten it to.  But life isn't too rough.

I did get some interesting training today.  I wished I had the foresight to bring a camera so I could do a photoblog about it but it wouldn't be very appetizing because...  Oh Yeah, we did a necropsy on a chronically sick calf. 

I won't gross you out with the details but lets just say- there was only about a third of a lung functioning in the entire creature.  It was pitiful.  Oh well, the refresher course on internal organs, anatomy, and physiology was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment