Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Blessings

As I watched my daughter feed the kittens one handful at a time I was reminded of why I live 120 miles from the nearest Wal-Mart. She is able to grow up roaming, doing chores, and enjoying the great outdoors. We don't have satelite, dish, or cable just a dvd player and some great old westerns. It is sad but I think we have more in black and white than in color. Who knew when all else failed to go back to the standards of Roy Rogers for a one year old? It is great. She doesn't like Dora the Explorer but Trigger comes on and captures her attention.

Hopefully, I can pass on the same values of work ethic and connection to the land to her as my parents did to me. The same values I would love to pass on to those people who have Wal-Mart in their backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment