Monday, November 15, 2010

The new generation

I was reading a back issue of Feedstuffs because I only read back issues and don't have time to read them as they come out. I had to laugh because there was an article focused on how to woo the number one consumer, as in the person who buys, of beef- Women. In fact in the U.S. 93% of the shopping is done by women.

This is the best part, they could have saved the money spent on the survey and I would have told them the answer to the question- What do female shoppers want from beef? Safe and wholesome, followed by convienence and cheap. Wouldn't that be great a cheap meal, that is safe and wholesome that I don't have to spend a lot of time in preparation or clean-up.

The other "big" outcome of the survey- women are also driven by emotion. Another no brainer. I think we are hard-wired that way. There is an emotional connection to beef- family dinners and grandma's pot roast.

I wish grandma was cooking dinner tonight- even if it was chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment