Wow! This article is worth a read. It is titled "Does your fast food hamburger come from steroid-pumped, caged cattle, knee-deep in urine soaked manure?"
The authors go on to expound on the issues of "factory farming". I think the main point is they are mad at Monsanto and GMO corn but they use many lies, mistruths, and unsubstantiated claims to get there.
Things I learned from this article:
1. GMO crops cause BSE. Bet you had no clue.
2. Cattle can pass on cancer to humans like a cold. Just through contact.
3. Cattle in feedlots are force-fed corn. They have to be locked in a small pen with corn only to eat for them to eat it. I could see if it was brussel sprouts but corn?
4. Cattle do not have the genetic ability to digest corn. It is fermented in one of the four stomachs.
5. Micheal Pollan and Paul Schossler (sp) are leading scientists on cattle feeding.
Amazing what you can learn on the internet. :)