Monday, January 31, 2011

Goodbye January!

How are your new year's resolutions coming along? I was able to fufill part of mine this past week. As I was getting a pop at the gas station this past week, I had the attendant comment on how he likes my column in the local newspaper. I could have just said "Thank you" and hurried out the door like I probably would have prior. But, I seize the opportunity and the poor guy was wishing I would have just said "Thank you" and walked out the door.

I told him about growing up on ranches and taking care of cattle. He said he didn't believe I had actually had some of the experience I talked about. I laughed and explained to him I had a young start.

He asked about factory farming and recieved an earful about why I hate those words and believe they should be stricken from the vocabulary.

I guess my point is- I stepped out of my comfort zone and hopefully he will pass on some tidbit of information to someone else. Even if it is "That columnist speaks of life and is passionate about raising cattle."

No comments:

Post a Comment