Monday, February 28, 2011

The WHY


This picture is not from SATURDAY.

On Saturday as I was getting my long underwear, jeans, wool socks, sweater, sweatshirt, and the complete carhartt outer garment layer on, I thought to myself- WHY am I doing this? It was a measly 8 below zero, my kitchen water was frozen, and I was getting ready to go chop ice for the horses and cows. The house water could wait, I had made coffee the night before.


Off we went to feed cows and horses, on the way the car broke down~ Some bearing on the alternator went out. UGH! Talk about timing. So, once again~ WHY am I doing this? I could have stayed home, worked on the house water and made myself comfortable in front of the stove but... No, I was out feeding cows in a pick-up which only the defroster works, you have to roll down the window to open the door, and the passenger side door has no handle. Did I mention, all of this is with an 18 month old?


I could give you all the scientific reasons cows and horses need fed but it wouldn't make much difference would it. I do it because I love seeing baby calves bucking around in the snow once they get warmed up. I do it because I know, I can go to a neighbor to get water but the animals have to/should stay in the pasture they are in for their water. I do it because I love livestock. Even knowing the circle of life~ I feed you now, you feed me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment