Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I am the 1%

I can't help myself- I am the 1%.  You know... The one percent that helps feed the other 99%.  I am the 1% which believes I take better care of the land than what regulations and policy can.  I have a town job and still try to raise a healthy wholesome crop of beef cattle. 

I am also part of another 1%.  The ones who are actively trying to advocate and educate others about agriculture and animal production.  I am proud of the others who are also trying to advocate and educate in their own ways.  It is difficult to do.  Especially, if you work hard not to preach to the choir but actually reach out to those who are different than you.

To the other 99% work on getting out of your comfort zone.  Take the time to educate someone today about what you do and why you do it.  You don't need alot of education, the advocates have proven- you can get far with emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment